Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Found Andy in the Atlantic Ave. Subway Station

I recently made a visit to the Atlantic Ave. subway stop in Brooklyn. Having read this article in the NY Times, I was on a mission to experience the prestigious MoMA--underground. It was fascinating for me to see the masterpieces (well, reproductions) of Warhol, Picasso, Matisse, Dali, Monet, etc. completely "out of their element." I also enjoyed seeing the interaction between the artwork and those merely making their weekend commute. Some people stopped to reflect, and others rushed by in a hurry. Regardless, I think this exhibition is a powerful testimony to what lies behind the walls of MoMA.








3 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Where is Atlantic Ave?! Has this been up for a while or is a recent installment? In all my time in nyc I do not believe I ever encountered this station nor a station-experience as cool as this!

    nice find :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atlantic Ave. is in Brooklyn...you can get there on the 4 or 5 express train from Manhattan. It takes about 30 minutes. If you move to NYC to live with me, we'd be exploring the underground together.

    Love you so.

    ReplyDelete